Meet Recap #5
CHABOT MARLINS MEET #5 RECAP
A somewhat heartbreaking loss (Highlands: 544.5, Chabot: 503.5) but a ton of nice improvements. Here are some highlights:
- High point honors go to Corinne Arakawa, Cailey Chin, and Brayden Lima
- Swimmers who dropped times in 3 individual events: Leianna Alejo (almost 3 seconds off her 25 fly), Eme D’Antonio, Lauren French, Alenea Loera, and Camelia Moler (4 ½ seconds off her 25 fly)
- Swimmers who dropped times in 2 individual events: Diego Agron (5 seconds off his 100 IM), Cash Alves, Layla Alves, Claire Brewer, Claire Brochu, Charlotte Chu (7 seconds off her 100 IM), Ava Cornell, Evan Cornell (almost 4 seconds off his 25 back & 25 free), Maddison Cutler (almost 9 seconds off her 100 IM), Goran Fehimovic, Aashrut Ghimire (almost 3 seconds off his 25 fly), Emeric Huerta-Pascua (5 ½ seconds off his 25 fly), Haley Johnson, Phoebe Kelly, Kayah Matangelo, Ashlyn Miller (2 ½ seconds off her 50 fly), Allison Mitchell (almost 10 seconds off her 100 IM), Josh Mitchell, Miles Moler (2 ½ seconds off his 25 breast), Roman Montalvo, Savannah Mora, Kyndal Spring, Aidan Swaggerty, Lilly Williams, Gavin Willits, and Belle Wong (over 2 seconds off her 25 fly)
- Notable time drops: Nora Brewer dropped 3 ½ seconds off her 25 free, Alex Jerome dropped 3 seconds off his 50 fly, Anna Junginger dropped 3 seconds off her 25 back, Griffin Kelly dropped 3 seconds off his 25 fly, Jake Lee dropped 11 seconds off his 100 IM, Keilana Lopes dropped 3 seconds off her 25 breast, Eliana Miller dropped almost 8 seconds off her 100 IM, Edvin Sabanovic dropped 11 seconds off his 100 IM), and Sophie Smith dropped 5 seconds off her 25 free.
- The 11-12 boys medley relay fought like champions (James Fitzgerald, Reese Elkaim, Edvin Sabanovic, Ethan Dihn). Diving in behind as he went into the last leg, Ethan Dihn put forth a Jason Lezak-worthy effort (anyone remember that one? If not, it’s worth another watch, as it is arguably the best relay finish in history, not to mention very inspiring going into our last meet or 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwxaUtnfUk ) and caught and passed the Sharks anchor for an exciting win.
- Our 11 & up swimmers worked really hard at Friday clinic to improve their dives, finishes, and flip turns. A few whose flip turns looked markedly better at the meet are: Nadia Jamal, Ashlyn Miller, Alexa Ford, Roman Montalvo, Lilly Williams, Johnny Ryken, and Aidan Swaggerty.
- A big thank you to Tina Mitchell for running such a fun Black & Teal meet. Analise Wehner and Phoebe Poole were amazing team captains, and Douglas Goodwin was a great help as well. A fun time was had by all!
Hope to see you all at the last home meet on Saturday, followed by our end-of-season banquet.
Go, go Chabot!