ALL the CHAMPS Info in one place!
Congratulations 2019 CHAMPS 100 Swimmers and Families,
Our CHAMPS Theme is "Ohana" which means "family" in Hawaiian. Thank you Direct Sales Carpet One and the Willits Family for your sponsorship of our CHAMPS 100 T shirts. Gates will open at 6:30am. Warm ups start at 6:45am.
For those of you who have not been at Champs before, there are a few differences from a regular meet:
- We will not have shepherds. We will have people stationed at our concrete home base and the lawn base that will let you know when to take your child to the clerk of the course. Please DO NOT send your kids early. It's going to be a long, hot day. We don't want anyone wasting their energy standing in the heat. Energy is better spent on those gold winning races!
- "What's a clerk of the course?" Clerk of the Course is a staging area for swimmers where they are lined up by heat and lane before they get to the pool deck. There is a 10& under clerk of the course and an 11&up clerk of the course (SEE MAP)
- 10 & under Medley Relays will not go to the clerk of the course. They will go directly to the pool deck. Please have all 10 & under Medley Relays at the concrete home base to be escorted down to the deck. ALL Medley Relays will take place in the 11& up side of the pool.
- No canopies or tents can be set up on the concrete. Chairs can usually be set up against the wall. Canopies and tents can be set up on the lawn base.
- You can not set up chairs or canopies or camp out on the bleachers. Bleachers are to watch your swimmer's race. You should then exit to make room for others to watch. We are all here for our kids. Let's be as courteous as possible.
- Please do not set up chairs under our tents at the concrete home base. This area is for blankets only so the kids can relax in between races. There will be standing room only along the railing to watch races.
- Items to bring: LOTS OF WATER!, blanket for concrete base, coloring books, card games, board games, extra goggles and cap (in case of breakage).
Champs Meet Jobs
When you arrive Saturday Morning, check in with our meet directors Felicia Suminski or Andy Johnson. They will be at the Concrete Home Base. In addition, some jobs require check ins with the EBSL tables. Please read all the packets before contacting the Marlin Board with questions. If you have a concern please text or call Felicia at 510-502-9281 at any time.
Please read the detailed information in each of these files. If you can not do your CHAMPS job your volunteer check will be forfeited to the Marlins.
Friday, July 28th - Champs practice at the Chabot College Pool 2:00pm-3:00pm
REMINDER: parking is CASH ONLY and EXACT CHANGE. So get your one dollar bills now.
We will also have a wonderful fact filled tour and check in for new families and anyone wanting a what's what at CHAMPS tour. First Tour is at 2:10 pm the second one is at 2:30 pm starting by the glass doors. The tour is for the parents while their kids are warming up.
CHAMPS Awards and After Party
Saturday night after the CHAMPS Meet please join other Marlins families at the Chabot Swim Club for an evening of fun and relaxation to cap off the season. If you are not a club member please send the board a note with how many guest wristbands your family needs. We will be sure to have them available for you.
There is a lot of work that goes into becoming a CHAMPS swimmer. Parents please remember to tell your children how proud we all are of them. Please know that the Coaches and the Marlin Board are all very grateful for all of the work each of our swimmers and families will be doing Saturday. Thank you all!
Work Hard, Have FUN!
Chabot Marlins Board