Marlins It's Time to Register!
Welcome Back Marlins!!
The 2020 Chabot Marlins swim season is ready to begin. If you know that your 2019 Marlins swimmer will not be returning to swim with us in 2020, please let us know so that we can plan accordingly. Below is the key information you need to know to register your child for the Team.
Beginning Saturday, February 1 - Sunday, February 9th, go to: www.chabotmarlins.com and click on the Register button on the sidebar of the home page. This year we are having early online registration for returning swimmers so that we are aware of age groups that are full and so that we know where there will be open spots in age groups. There will be priority of registration by categories of swimmers similar to last year (e.g., returning Marlins swimmers; new siblings of returning Marlins from Chabot Swim Club families; new swimmers from Swim Club families; new siblings of returning Marlins from non-Chabot Swim Club families). The Marlins Board will also consider last year's attendance of Marlins swimmers at swim practices, consistent with the policy announced in the Marlins Team Manual, when deciding on the final roster.
Payment of Fees and Delivery of EBSL Forms:
Once you register your swimmer online, you will then need to come to Mountain Mike's Pizza in the Castro Valley Village (20261 Patio Drive, Castro Valley) on Tuesday, February 18 from 6:30pm - 9:00pm to drop off the following items:
- a completed East Bay Swim League ("EBSL") Application for all swimmers in your family (EBSL Application 2020);
- a check for your family's registration fees made payable to "Chabot Marlins". Click here for the 2020 Fee Schedule.
- a check for $100 as a deposit for parent volunteer jobs (as described in the online registration form and Marlins Team Manual) also made payable to "Chabot Marlins"; and
- a copy of the Birth Certificate for all new swimmers to the Marlins Team.:
If you cannot make this drop off time, you must email the Marlins Board [firstname.lastname@example.org] with your plan to get these documents and fees to us in a timely manner.
- All new swimmers will be subject to a swim evaluation. If your child is deemed not ready for competition, you will receive a full refund of fees.
- If your child does not make the Marlins team, you will be notified by email and you will either receive a full refund of fees for that child or your registration fee check will not be cashed.
- There will be a Parent Meeting for all 2020 Marlins parents to meet the Coaches and go over expectations for swimmers and parents in the upcoming season. Place, date and time coming soon!
If you have any questions about the foregoing, please let us know and we will respond to your inquiry. Go Go Chabot!